The SupTech Launchpad is an accelerator for financial authorities and technology vendors to co-create and deploy cutting-edge, scalable suptech applications. Our team helps detail the technical specifications, de-risk procurement for all parties, and provide project management support and hands-on technical assistance including security testing.
Through the Launchpad competitions, vendors are awarded the funds to develop and test working prototype solutions in partnership with the agencies. They also:
- Receive tailored coaching
- Be invited to the Lab’s pitch day to connect with funders and to a demo day to present their products to potential clients
- Be listed in the Lab’s online Vendor Database.
- Be mentioned in a case study published by the University of Cambridge to share lessons from the project
- Engage with the suptech community through the Lab’s hackathons and techsprints
- Be introduced to the global community of regulators and supervisors, investors, academics and development partners that are collaborating with the Cambridge SupTech Lab during other events hosted by the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance (CCAF).
Some of the transformative proofs of concept are funneled into the Launchpad through the Innovation Leadership Programme.
The SupTech Launchpad largely builds on the experience of the RegTech for Regulators Accelerator (R2A), which has successfully developed ground-breaking solutions introducing an agile approach to the collaboration between financial authorities and technologists.
- Choose vendor selection model that best fits project’s need
- Vendor selection through global competition
- Vendor due diligence and contracting
- Use the “lean” approach to accelerate testing and development
- Apply “rapid learnings” from each iteration to progressively refine the project
- Frequent iterations with checks-in with supervisory agency and course corrections
- Prototype tested
- Capacity building for supervisory agency to maintain the application (if required)
- Implementation of change management plan